Thursday, April 14, 2011

Moving.....


It’s always bittersweet in so many ways……

Bitter because I left behind a place I absolutely am in love with, the Cumberland Gap area has to be the most gorgeous place I have ever lived…..

Sweet because I know this is the Lord’s will, and nothing is more fulfilling that knowing I am doing what He wants me to do…..

Bitter because I know I won’t see my dear sweet friends as much as I am used to…..

Sweet because I know I am about to make more……

Bitter because I like living completely surrounded by cows and horses….

Sweet because my kids actually have a place to ride their bikes for once…..

Bitter because I will be paying more in rent ;-)…….

Sweet because my mother and her beloved Mollie are living with us……

Bitter because we left our awesome ward.....

Sweet because our new ward even when we were not technically in yet had already called and welcomed us and we had even had a play-date at the park with some of them…..

Bitter because there are ants at my new house, ugh!

Sweet because I found out that there are a whole bunch of home-schooling families in my new ward, yeah!!

Bitter because I had to pack and move my stuff again (10th time in 10 years of marriage)……

Sweet because Immanuel will have more boys his age at church and cub scouts…..

Sweet because I have a yard to garden in this time…..

Sweet because I have neighbors who have children my kid’s age and they are already friends…..

Sweet because the one neighbor who is Eden’s age  told her that she was glad she moved here because she needed a best friend again……

Sweet because it is always an adventure and I love having new experiences that teach me great things…..

Sweet because I have blossom trees and irises in my yard and a front porch swing……

Sweet because I can have my cats at my house now....

Sweet because there’s so much to do in Knoxville and now we are much closer to those resources and as John would call it civilization……

Sweet because John’s work is only 18 miles away and that means more time we get to spend with him……

Sweet because we are about to save a ton in gas money…..

Yes, there are a lot of sweets…..more than I am listing…..and more I will find out soon I am sure of it. Looking forward is so much better, new opportunities, more growing, another chapter….more than anything I look forward to the new relationships I will form with new friends and wisdom and love of a mother and nana in the home. Life will certainly be interesting!
















 Iman and Brady, one of our new neighbors.  These guys get a long fabulously!  Brady is a sweet kid.  :-)


 John and I one morning as we woke up still at this point sleeping on the floor in sleeping bags!  I was really happy when we finally got our bed moved in.  :-)

 Some pics of the house, not finished yet, but you get the idea.






 Mum and I at the Fountain City Park.

Blossoms are already gone, but the irises are here.  :-)

4 comments:

The Frost's said...

I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!!!!!!

Nicola Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicola Morgan said...

Thanks! We love it too! I am excited for when you can come see it for real! :-)

Jenni said...

what a great post nicola! we miss you! the house looks just too darling!!! I love it! give hugs to all those cuties!!!