Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Goal Set...Dream Realized!

At the beginning of 2010 we sat together as a family and made goals, goals as a family and goals individually. One of Eden's goals was that she wanted to be able to ride a horse. After she made that goal I pondered on how I could make this come to pass for her and I instantly thought of our dear friends the Smiths. Millie Smith, a young woman in our ward at church, has three horses (well the baby, Tink, is actually going to be going to another family now). So back in February I told Eden that she should ask Millie herself if she could ride her horses. Millie of course being the angel that she is was happy to let Eden's dream come true (and the other kids were pretty excited about it too). We finally got around to scheduling a time with the Smiths and on Saturday the dream was realized.

From the time that Eden made her goal to now Jack has interestingly become obsessed with horses himself (he refers to them as "Neighs"). I was worried that he'd be afraid once he was up close, but he was in fact just the opposite and even though I made him wait last to ride (so he could see the other kids do it and feel better about what was going to happen) he kept saying, "My turn, my turn!"

Be prepared...there are a lot of photos, but I just couldn't resist. They were very well behaved and had an excellent time. Thanks also to Jim Ford who helped Millie get the horses ready. The horse's name that they rode was Jon, short for Geronimo's Charge (I think that's what it was). And he was quite a sport at having all four kids take turns. Anyway, thank you Millie for allowing our kids to ride your horses. You made some little kids very happy! Goals are great!


Jon





That's Millie with the kids and Jon.



Tink, with the kids, this is the baby, just a little over a year old.





Anxiously waiting his turn!







When is it my turn?!



Moma, was a neigh, while we were waiting for the other kids to take a turn.
Here he is telling me, "good neigh, good neigh."


So happy!













He LOVED it! Jim said he was smiling a lot!









1 comment:

Tamsyn said...

I love it, I love it!! That is awesome!! What great pictures and what a great feeling to know that a goal was accomplished!!