Friday, August 13, 2010

Lesley's Visit & the Zoo....

The first week in August we were all privileged to have a glorious visit from my good dear friend Lesley. Lesley and I met in college 12 years ago and the Lord has seen fit for us to keep that friendship going. Lesley through the years investigated the Church and while John and I were being adventuresome in Idaho and Utah for John's undergraduate work she, on her own accord, made the dive into the waters of baptism and joined the Church herself. She is a good friend and left us with much to ponder on and learn from. Thank you Lesley for all your amazing gifts and talents, especially that of your determination to seek out good things and your ability to love and serve others.

On Tuesday of this visit I thought it would be a good idea to make sure Lesley had a good time while she was here and planned a trip to the Knoxville Zoo. Little did I realize at the time that Lesley doesn't like zoos.....although she did say there were more fun or worth it or something to that notion when kids were involved. LOL! ;-) However the zoo was only just barely enjoyable as it was over 100 degrees that day and was EXTREMELY humid! I don't think I've sweat that much in that amount of time ever...really.

It was worth it for me though to see the dear sweet camels loving on my children (well Jack wouldn't go near them without me holding him, so i couldn't take a picture of him with the camels) and also the glorious elephants. I have loved these creatures (elephants) since I was a small child and I can't quite explain what it is, but I feel a very strong connection (even a spiritual one) to them and am overcome when in their presence. What wonderful, wise, and majestic animals! The one we saw was throwing a football to it's trainer and also catching it too. The kids loved it and better yet we were in air conditioning for the whole thing! LOL!

Jack of course loved the Zebras the best and cried when we had to move on and Sarah likewise thoroughly enjoyed the monkeys! Eden cried at the end because I had had enough at that point (because of the excessive heat and humidity) and would not go and take her to see the Cheetahs, which are her favorite. Next time I promised them to take an extensive look to whatever they desired so of course out next zoo trip will be planned for the Fall!




This is Lesley with us! She is the best!


John got to stay with us for a few minutes before he had to take off to go to work.
Here he is trying to stay cool by the mists they have throughout the zoo.




Of course he's on a saddle...he cried when we left this area too!
I had to pull him off it and get him back in the stroller for us to leave!



The got to brush the goats!






I LOVE this boy of mine!
If you look close enough you can actually see his sweaty eyebrows! Ha ha!


The camels cuddling with my children. This was such a precious thing to see.
They are adorable and SO tame!




Yes her lips are blue....Lesley treated us all to Slushies!!



Trying to catch the football...


I know it's not a great picture as it was through glass and bars, but it's still magnificent!



He just kept staring at them and asking to go on their backs...



More mists!


The Monkeys!


The bamboo was everywhere and I loved it!






At home finally....Jack and his "yee haw" as he calls his hat.


1 comment:

Nicola Morgan said...

Hmm...not sure what happened...it's was me that blogged of course even though it says John did, oh well.