Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving Schutz/Morgan Style....

This year I decided that it was more valuable to me to eat good food and have an easy clean up than put on a fantastic presentation so I invested in foil pans, ha ha!  Lucky for me the Schutzes are on the same page!  ;-)  So it wasn't fancy (well table settings etc), but the food was DELICIOUS and we had a great time (is there any other time to be had when being with the Schutzes anyway?  We ALWAYS have fun with these guys!)  ;-)


Afterwards i was entertained by watching the kids dance on the Wii. I video taped everyone and asked them what they were grateful for.....these reflections are beautiful and i am glad we have this day each year.  I feel overwhelmingly grateful for all my blessings, i cannot write the words to express how amazing my life is and that all of that has come through the Lord and his amazing ways.  He truly is a God of miracles! 


A short list of what i am grateful for: (again in no specific order)


1. Family (they are too many to list, but ALL play and have played a specific and certain role in my life that has shaped the person i am today......from my parents and grandparents to aunts (oh how i LOVE my Aunts; yes they are the bestest!) and uncles, to cousins, children, nieces and nephews, and of course adopted friends into family....you know who you are!) 

2. Music...especially my voice, that i now am getting back after being sick for about 2 months! Also my violin, even though it's squeaky (or should i say i'm squeaky), it makes me feel good and....fulfilled, yes that's the word.


3.  Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost and the role that each plays in my life each and everyday.


4.  Shelter


5.  Vehicles to drive


6.  Food


7.  My heritage (even if that includes Guy Fawkes Night, which John thinks is horrific)  ;-)


8.  Health


9.  The four seasons (yes even a little bit of Summer too i guess)


10. The gorgeousness of Eastern Tennessee (Cumberland Gap area) and that i live here to witness it everyday.


11. The knowledge that i have that i am loved and am good.


 Sweet Potatoes YUM!  Jacks favorite this year.



 John's request Broccoli with Cheese Sauce


 The low maintenance spread, awesome!








 Yes, i made rolls too!


 Jack was like this while we were eating....passed out from the car ride.


 Sara's delicious Pumpkin Pie!



 The Wii Dancing - First Class Entertainment




No comments: