Thursday, May 12, 2011

My Husband Never Fails Me.......

A tall order i know, but among the many things John is amazing at, one inparticular is being thoughtful.  He is thoughtful ALL the time (and no, i don't mean he remembers things....silly, he is a man afterall), i just mean he is fantastic at putting thought into doing things for people to make them feel good.

Mother's Day this year was no exception!  I got spoilt rotten and i am glad for every second of it!  :-)

My Sunday morning started with my traditional English breakfast in bed: sausages, fried eggs, stewed tomatoes, toast, and he even added his own idea of a fresh fruit cup with nutella as a side for dipping (boy does he know me!).  Mum was also given the same and she hopped into my bed and we sat and had breakfast in bed together. 

Then as i was eating breakfast i was overwhlemed with multiple glitter card creations from my darling children.  I have to admit my favorite was Eden's that said, "I'll always love you no matter where we are".  That note has so many meanings to me on so many different levels and was definitely a tear jerker for me. 

Then John apeased me by taking lots of photos of me and the kids and also me and mum on the front porch before going to church.  The night before John also had bought me tulips (my favorite) and chocolate covered strawberries.  My mother bought me zucchini plants for my gardern which she planted for me and a mini double headed putunia plant.  I also got this special jewelery we had seen at the Knoxville Farmers Market the day before at Market Square, where the lady puts a photo into glass and makes a pendant out of it.  John was sneaky and ordered one for me with a photo of all four children in it.  She is in the process of making it for me now.  :-)

Then Sunday afternoon we went to the Schutzes/Claytons to spend time with some of our most favorite people in the world and had dinner, which John and Vaughn made for us all.  That was topped with key lime pie that Amanda bought for me. ;-)  Man was i spoit or what?  I told you i was. 

I am truly grateful to me married to my husband and to have the kids i have, they are such a huge blessing in my life.  I am grateful for my mother who is constantly teaching me.  It was such a wonderful blessing this year that i got to be with my mother, who i had previously not seen in almost 2 1/2 years.  It is a huge blessing to us all here that she is now living with us (hopefully she won't leave any time soon,  ;-)) She is amazing in many ways and i am glad that through all of the day's celebrations she was there with me. 









1 comment:

Dehner Family said...

Why didn't we know you guys had a family blog? Your children are adorable and Nicola looks so grown up since we saw you guys at your wedding :) We are happy to see you guys doing so well! We look forward to peeking into your world. Happy blogging!