Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dusting Off the Cobbwebs......

Sheesh, i am SOOOOOOOOOOO behind with my blog!  I think i will do a mini recap per photo album i've loaded to catch up as quick as i can.  There just have been so many busy days and then when there are not busy days (which is rare) i have wanted to do nothing...at all.  Ever feel like that?  Anyway life has been even busier for me since we moved and some days i feel stretched pretty thin.

From time to time John and i will be reminded of a past experience we had and then we think out load and reflect on how "life seemed so much simpler back then."  The fact i always feel this way about the past, when at the time going through those experiences it felt pretty complicated, makes me have a little anxiety about the future.  I always think, "can it get more complicated and busy then it is right now?"  And somehow it always does.  Don't get me wrong, trials change, and some things get simpler or easier rather, but then new challenges come up and new experiences are to be had.  Oh how sweet is the word "SIMPLIFY!"

But i suppose along with it came more blessings too, as you learn more, you gain more, things are not more simple, but to a large degree they are more full of knowledge and wisdom....growing sure can be hard though eh?  If i take away the complicatedness or business of today i also simultaneously take away all the knowledge, wisdom, joy, blessings, etc., etc., etc.....

And even when i have a day where i feel like crawling in a hole and being alone, i still would NEVER take away all of the growth.  It is who i am and ya know what?  I like the person i am and am becoming.  :-)

I think this quote  by Paul V. Johnson says it quite well, "Sometimes we want to have growth without challenges and to develop strength without any struggle. But growth cannot come by taking the easy way. We clearly understand that an athlete who resists rigorous training will never become a world-class athlete. We must be careful that we don’t resent the very things that help us put on the divine nature."

So for now i will count my many blessings and submitt that even though life seems to get more complicated as the years go by, it is all worth it.....how could i trade my most precious blessings for a simpler time?  No, i cannot....not my marriage to the most amazing man alive, not my four delightsome joyful children (and there whinning and tempertantrums...for now anyway), not my wonderful glorious mother (who i only wish would realize her eternal potential), not the many places i have moved to and friends made along the way, not the beauty of Tennessee, that literally makes me smile every single day, not the promises i have made to God....no, not any of it.  

Me and part of my not so simple life...  ;-)
So now back to the recapping in the next few blogs,and then i will have documented the chaos, and all the fun, and all the memories that are priceless.


No comments: