Saturday, June 16, 2012

Someone's In the Kitchen With Dinah......



Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah.
Someone's in the kitchen, I know.
Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah
Strumming on the old banjo.

Well not quite banjos, but making banana bread and muffins maybe........
I LOVE that my girls love to help in the kitchen with cooking and particularly baking.  I know that 90% of the motivation behind baking is due to the fact that they really just wanna lick the spoon, but i really cannot fault them as this was also my favorite thing to do as a child, no matter how much it grossed out my mother.  

In the pictures below you will see lovely Sarah helping me make banana bread for a past-time Family Home Evening.  I love her adorable apron that her friend's mother made for her for her last birthday.  She LOVES to wear it and frankly it's so cute i'd like one too.  ;-)  

Anyway the pictures of Eden are her baking for the first time completely solo!  I was so pleased with her for figuring it all out by herself and the muffins were definitely a hit and she even chose to put mini Andes mint chips in them.  It made me think of  home economics class in 7th grade which is how old i was when i learnt to make my first muffins, along with traditional chocolate chip cookies, English Muffin pizzas, and the likes.  :-) I remember the kids in my class and although i do not remember my teacher's name i do remember her face and that she was very sweet and helpful.  

I know that one day soon my girls will surpass me in cooking abilities and i really do look forward to the day that they make ME dinner!  :-)







 Measuring at "eye level"






No comments: