Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies.....

{The bestest cookie book in the world!}


I love to make cookies, but i have to admit chocolate chips are kinda boring....Don't get me wrong they are delicious to eat, but just so simple to make and i like new things that challenege average-ness (yes i know that's not a real word, but humor me for today).  
Anyway i promised a friend and her darling 4 yr old son some chocolate chip cookies as a returned favor and well, after not hearing the timer on two batches (not totally wasted, but only good enough to let my kids eat) and ending up with only a dozen or so nice ones i decided to keep them for myself....or rather for the ladies i have grown to love at work.  Don't worry i will make some more for that good friend and her darling 4 year old.  In the meantime the ladies at work enjoyed them and my boss's husband came over from his office next door to her office to have seconds.  I think that's a good sign, even if they are just plain old chocolate chip cookies.....

Maybe it's all about the cookie bible as i like to refer to it as....Well after all the author does refer to them as "Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies."  Maybe a slightly fancier name does the trick....or it could just be all that sugar, butter, vanilla, and chocolate.  Mmmm! ;-)

Anyway even if i am making boring cookies, it's always fun when i have my baking crew.  I now have a new addition, his name is Jack-a-lope.  :-)

I just cannot stand how cute this little man of mine is.  He was so excited to help that he was dancing and "shaking his bootie" to the music i had playing.  He also frequently reminded Sarah of how it was "my turn, my turn" when he wanted to add the next ingredient.  

I have been making cookies with my babies since Iman was about 2 years old and it NEVER gets old for them.  It reminds me of all the sweet memories i have when my mother would let me and my sister bake with her....the smell as the mixer creamed the butter and sugar....eating raw dough that revolted my mother....and of course licking the spoon!  I hope my children also look back on these days with fond memories....and perhaps one day they will be able to make yummy cookies for me too!  :-)









No comments: