Thursday, February 17, 2011

Forbidden Things.....

There are just some things that are forbidden.  I can think of a whole bunch i am sure, but that could take up multiple blogs and no one likes to focus on the negative.  But the other day while we were all out grocery shopping i realized at the check out that i hadn't let Sarah pick out a box of cereal.  So John said he's go with her to let her pick something out. 

I couldn't believe my eyes when he brought back this:



I was like, "Seriously!  What are you thinking?"  John apparently isn't aware of the ongoing rule that cookies for breakfast are forbidden.  My kids will ask me (mainly Eden will ask me) from time to time if they can have this cereal and i ALWAYS say no.  I mean why kind of mother would i be if i let my kids have cookies for breakfast?

So i assessed the situation.....we were already checking out, and didn't really have time to go and get another cereal and John had already told her it was okay.  Sarah apparently said she was also unaware of the no Cookie Crisp for breakfast rule.  So i looked at the sugar content...11g, not horrible and then quickly looked at the sugar content on the box of Frosted Mini Wheats i had in the cart....12g.  (Sarah has to be careful how much sugar she eats) Hmmm......well just this one time, i said. Although no doubt the FMW had some more things in it that were healthier for you, the Cookie Crisp's nutritional content wasn't too horrible, surprisingly enough.

She certainly enjoyed them though.  Eden tried them and said they didn't actually taste like cookies at all.  Jack likewise has thoroughly enjoyed them.  Well, love them while they last, but it will be the last!  ;-)

No comments: