Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Fishing Trip...

On Saturday was a day of firsts. Not only was it our first fishing trip as a family, but our first fishing trip with the Osbornes, and another first for me was that it was the first time i've actually fished with a license! Also it was Sarah's first time ever peeing in the woods, which felt like something of an accomplishment for me. ;-)

We went fishing early in the morning somewhere in the valley, and this was our beautiful view! It had been about 15 years or so since i'd been fishing so i really was excited about the day.

Immanuel and Eden caught their first fishes ever and Eden also caught a soft shelled turtle. Chaz caught a huge small mouthed bass, that Katie says measured about 16 inches. That was really exciting for the children to see, well Jack actually seemed a bit afraid, but of course talked about it on the way home in the car.

You'll have to excuse the quality of the photos as, shame on me, i forgot my camera and had to resort to taking pics with my phone.

We hope to be able to do this again sometime with them. It made me miss my roots of growing up on Lake Hopatcong, NJ and fishing with my family. Those were some good times! I think Jamie's (my brother) first catch was a turtle too!



The weather was absolutely perfect!
View to the left...


View to the right...


Father and Son....Jack really just enjoyed reeling it back in over and over again.


Iman's catch...


Eden's turtle...



Edy's first fish....


Chaz's awesome bass!

No comments: