Friday, September 10, 2010

This time with Daddy....

...and also this time the weather wasn't over 100 degrees. It's amazing how much more enjoyable things can be when it's not hot out eh? lol. I am SO glad that summer is coming to a close. I know I'm probably one of the few, but i really do not like Summer time.

Well anyway the weather was awesome and so last week after we went fishing with the Obsbornes we went to the Zoo again, only this time John was able to go and stay the whole time. The kids had a lot more fun as we got to see everything they wanted to.

John wanted to buy me the "Yee Haw" hat (as Jack would call it)in the gift shop. I felt a little self conscious in it, but tried to trust his and the kids' judgment that i didn't look weird wearing it. I guess Tennessee is rubbing off on all of us! ;-) I LOVE it here!

Jack had his first time on the carousel and unfortunately even though we picked a Zebra, which he loves because technically it's still a "neigh" (although he can say Zebra now), he screamed bloody murder. I sat on there with him and hoped that once it got going he'd calm down and start enjoying himself. Well that didn't really happen although i do think he laughed once or twice. When we were done i asked him if he had a good time he said yes. So then i asked him if he wanted to go on it again sometime and he loudly exclaimed NO! LOL. Well perhaps with age he'll get over it. The other kids picked their favorite animals and so Sarah found a Gorilla, Eden a Cheetah, and Iman, who didn't seem too bothered picked a Red Panda.

We then found a brick wall with animals on it and they all had their photo taken by whatever favorite animal was displayed there. There weren't any horses, so Jack picked a Giraffe, which i guess is close enough. ;-) Even John and i had our photos taken too. It really was a fun family day. Man, how i wish Saturday was everyday! There's nothing more rewarding than fun with my family. I often wish i could freeze frame them....well at least i have my pictures to help me remember all the fun along the way.

Enjoy!




Jack and his pouty face...i can't even remember why he was pouting anymore, lol!


Pondering....


So handsome....


I LOVE this man!









On the big brass turtle...


I had to hold Jack on



Shear terror! Am i awful for making him go on it?




These frogs sprayed water from their mouths. Jack loved the frogs!


My little curly locks and my new "Yee Haw" hat. ;-)!

No comments: