Saturday, September 11, 2010

We Will Never Forget....



It's hard to imagine that it's been 9 years already and that next year it will have already been ten years since the attack on the lives of all too many Americans. I remember being in Idaho, almost ready to have Immanuel just 7 weeks later. I remember when i saw it on television being stunned beyond words. I also remember thinking, "this is the world in which i will have to raise my son."

There's a fine line in my opinion between honoring and celebrating. When i explained to Eden that this morning before her soccer game that we would be honoring those that died and those that risked their lives and even lost them to save others in the attack, she replied, "but why are we celebrating death?" What an interesting comment, i thought. But as i observed the tribute today in Harrogate Park, it was nothing but honor. The firemen and rescue squads were all there with the flag displayed high. A local band played the National Anthem, and to me it was a way to show to the world, that no matter what anyone else thinks of us, we will persevere, we will and do stand for freedom and honor and yes, even righteousness.

I am grateful for the patriotic and those that fight for freedom everyday. I am grateful for the freedoms we have in this country, and i am grateful that i am not the only one who values this. I am grateful that despite the evils around us, i know that there is still good in the world, and that my children can persevere also and stand for truth even today.




No comments: