Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The First Snow Fall.....NOT the Last....

Sometimes i think that perhaps the Lord favors me enough to grant unto me the desires of my heart.....Tennessee doesn't typically get a lot of snow, but the last two winters we've been here we've had a decent amount, enough to bring joy into my life and a smile to my face as i watch my children having the time of their lives......


Winter is beautiful to me when it has snowed and makes the cold all worthwhile.  It sparkles, and is peaceful and silent, and then your husband makes you go outside to sled too and you're afterwards you're grateful because it's fun to remember what it felt like in the bottom of your stomach to slide down a giant hill and scream for fear and terror and also joy.  

Most of all i love seeing the children be happy. Our house is at the top of a hill and this year we had perfect sleding conditions.  Jack was in opposition at first, but this was mostly due to the fact that he didn't want to wear snow pants and a coat.  ;-)  He got over the tears after his first sleigh ride with John.  


Yes, beautiful indeed, Tennessee never disappoints, no matter what season it is.  I love it here!











 Our awesome hill!


 LOL! He's still sliding down the hill and i am still at the top of the hill taking the picture.  About half way down they spun and slid backwards.  So fun!












 Warming up with some hot chocolate afterwards.


No comments: