Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter Two Thousand Twelve......

This year we decided to not go crazy with the Easter candy.  Partly because we wanted to focus on what Easter is really about and partly because they had had a Primary Easter Egg Hunt Party the day before at church and also the week before that we went all out for our General Conference Party with more candy than they have probably ever eaten in one setting!  :-)  The thing that impressed upon my mind this year as we slimmed down the celebration (Pagan-wise anyhow) was how the kids were plenty satisfied with what they received.  I think if i can remember this for birthdays and Christmas i could probably save myself a few hundred by the end of the year, ha ha!  ;-)

Anyway Easter was a fun and special day for us and we did talk that previous Monday on a Family Home Evening night about what Easter meant and talked about the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I have to say that when i try to put to words what Easter really means to me, it is hard.  I am not sure if any mortal can truly comprehend what Christ did for us in performing the Atonement, at least in this life, but i do like President Thomas S. Monson's testimony of it and i feel the spirit a great deal when i read his words.


He said: “I believe that none of us can conceive the full import of what Christ did for us in Gethsemane, but I am grateful every day of my life for His atoning sacrifice in our behalf.
“At the last moment, He could have turned back. But He did not. He passed beneath all things that He might save all things. In doing so, He gave us life beyond this mortal existence. He reclaimed us from the Fall of Adam.
“To the depths of my very soul, I am grateful to Him. He taught us how to live. He taught us how to die. He secured our salvation.”
What more can I say?  I am truly grateful for all of our blessings and i thank my Heavenly Father everyday for all of those blessings that i enjoy, namely my family, my home, John's job, the ability to buy my own food and be self sufficient, a working vehicle, and our health to name just a couple.  I know that all of this is made possible because of the Lord's infinite mercy.  I know he has a specific plan for each and every one of us and i am very grateful also that he has given me four wonderful children to help them find out what their purpose is here.  The are GREAT ones and i am honored to be their mother.

I enjoyed seeing their excitement on Easter morning.....they truly are a joy.


Jack's


Sarah's


Eden's 


Immanuel's







Ready, get set, go!

































No comments: